Pages

The Muncher Family

The Muncher Family
Thanks to Karla Burton from Karla Burton Photography

Friday, April 30, 2010

Dress Rehearsal

So I've already commented on the fact that Zoey takes dance on Monday nights.  Well they are having a dance recital on May 1st.  So Thursday they had a dress rehearsal for the recital.

Well you would think that getting Zoey to dress rehearsal would be simple, nope.  Taking my two year old is one thing, taking the two year old and the two month old is a different story.  You see my mother had to work, my husband had to work, and my sister had to work.  So that left me with the baby sling, and Zoey.

Zoey had just woken up from a nap so I thought it would be pretty simple. Dress rehearsal was supposed to start at 4:00.  Silly me kept thinking that they would start with the Mommy and Me class since we had the little wiggle worms that couldn't sit still.  Not so much.  The first couple of groups Zoey was fascinated with and wanted to watch.  The fourth group she stood next to her teacher and mimicked the moves.  By the sixth group I was having to drag her off stage.  As soon as I had her off, she was back up there.  She kept running to line up with the girls and dance. "Mommy dance. Mommy I dance. Mommy dance." Over and over again.  Finally after forty-five minutes it was our turn. Five minutes later we were finished and off to the car we went. All the while I kept hearing, "Mommy dance, Mommy dance."

No comments:

Post a Comment