Pages

The Muncher Family

The Muncher Family
Thanks to Karla Burton from Karla Burton Photography

Monday, April 26, 2010

"It's Monday"

My two year-old is slowly understanding that there are days in the week and the meaning behind certain days. For example, Monday is dance night in the Muncher household. Zoey and I attend a Mommy and Me dance class every Monday. I have discovered that Monday is now Zoey's favorite day of the week.

Every Monday I wrestle Zoey down and put on her leotard and her dance shoes. I bribe her to let me put a bow in her hair so she looks as prim and proper as the other eight girls in the class. We then drive seven minutes down the road to Jasper Elite, each Monday I pray that my child will not be the "wild child" and that she will be, well, hopefully she will at least behave long enough to get out into the gym.

Alas, my prayers are not always answered for more often than not my child leads the pack to destruction. I am a stay at home mom, Zoey's only boundary is that she must stay within my sight during the day. She follows directions well and for the most part can be left to her own devices. So when we venture out to dance on Monday we are among parents who work all day and have their children in some type of child care thus making it the only time they get to spend together. Oh, how I long to be among the work force again soon.... I have to say, tonight she was pretty well behaved and managed to wait her turn most of the night. Unfortunately dance is drawing to a close and Zoey will not be able to see Miss Emily, because Emily will be leaving for school soon and won't be teaching the Mommy and Me class anymore. What shall we do?

No comments:

Post a Comment