Pages

The Muncher Family

The Muncher Family
Thanks to Karla Burton from Karla Burton Photography

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Rhonda

So I am currently a stay at home mommy, however, that is not the job I want to continue with.  Don't get me wrong, I love my children dearly, but I'm a much better parent when I'm working.

So you're asking why and how I can be a better parent when I'm working. Well, it's simple, I know that when I walk through the door my girls are my priority until bedtime.  They are the most important things and everything else can wait.  As a full time mommy I'm constantly doing laundry, washing dishes, cleaning floors, making beds, you know, being a mommy. I have so little time to devote because to my children because I have phone calls to make the insurance company, doctors appointments, bills to pay and many other things that take me away from the girls.

For the first sixteen months of Zoey's life we had Rhonda. Rhonda was a life safer. Always willing to come over and help in a split second.  She never asked for compensation over the last three years.  The first day I went back to work after being out of school for the summer I was a little sad and scared. I didn't have to be though, Rhonda took care of everything.  I came home to a clean house.  Rhonda did everything for Zoey that she could to make her happy and to keep her occupied. She brought her to the school on Friday's for the pep rally.  She helped at football games when we traveled.  She did everything for us.

When we left our jobs in Haleyville Rhonda was still there.  She would come over and help me with Zoey while Mike interviewed for jobs.  She would keep Zoey to all hours of the night so I could interview for jobs.  When Zoey was put in the hospital she wasn't able to come see her, however, I went home to a spotless house and a stocked refrigerator of the basic needs. Rhonda was there until football season became hectic. She was there for Christmas when we needed her help.

Rhonda helped us move into our house, and she helped us to move out of our house.  If I could afford to move Rhonda in the house next door I would (especially since the house next door is for sale). I can't imagine what life will be like as we continue to adjust to our lack of Rhonda. There was always a daily dose and it was just enough to keep me sane because she magically appeared when  I was about to loose it.

Zoey is happy, healthy, and verbal.  Rhonda has two children that are happy, healthy, and very intelligent.  Zoey will be all those things because of the time Rhonda devoted to her. I could come home to a sleeping baby, change clothes and Zoey was ready to go and so was I. As a mommy there is never five minutes to  your self to collect your self for the next round.  I could do that because the most wonderful woman in the world made it possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment